Greenplum SME (Eliassen_243775) Lanham, Maryland
GREENPLUM SME: LANHAM, MD
Immediate opening for a Greenplum SME in Lanham, MD.
- Detailed description of the work to be performed under the Task Order or Functional Support Area.
- Serve as a member of the Infrastructure team for the business systems modernization of the Internal Revenue Services.
- System Engineer with experience architecting business solutions utilizing the EMC® Greenplum® Database and the massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture.
- Experience designing large scale enterprise database environments that effectively enable computational resources to process queries in a fully parallel manner.
- Background in designing data warehouses and using data analytics to enable more efficient reporting of business information.
- Experience designing highly available technology infrastructures that meet the reliability requirements of the most mission-critical enterprises. This includes databases that are multi-level, self-healing, fault tolerant and failover automatically with fully online self-healing resynchronization and multiple levels of redundancy and integrity checking.
- Knowledge on how to monitor the performance of a Greenplum Database infrastructure, including system metrics, health characteristics, and query details.
- Contribute to the design and deployment of the infrastructure, which is a combination of custom software modules and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software, hardware and security solutions, integrated to form the technical foundation for modernization.
- 7 years of experience with database and storage expertise
- Massively Parallel Database Processing Expertise
- Oracle Database experience
- Greenplum experience
- PostgreSQL a plus
- Must be Federal tax compliant. Must have filed all required returns and paid all taxes due, or be current on a payment plan for taxes due.
- Shall be a U.S. citizen OR Green Card Holder with 3 years of residency in the US
- Must be able to obtain an IRS MBI
- For all males born after 1959, must be registered with Selective Service or have an exception.