Fleet Maintenance Associate (IN-4130536214) Calgary, Canada
Be part of a winning team!
Shred-it, the world’s leading and largest on-site Document Destruction and Records Management Company has an immediate opening.
Are you ready for an exciting career with growth potential?
If yes, than you are the professional we are looking for!
As a Fleet Maintenance Associate you will be responsible for supporting the Securit corporate branches in controlling their fleet maintenance expenses while ensuring maximum up time of the fleet.
This will be accomplished through: ongoing training of branch/regional/corporate operating personnel in fleet management practices; ensuring adherence to standard operating procedures regarding circle checks & preventive maintenance inspections; managing vendor relations; expediting repairs; optimizing warranty recovery; and confirming reasonableness of time and materials charges on major component repairs & replacements.
The Fleet Maintenance coordinator will work collaboratively with the Corporate Fleet Manager, Securit Manufacturing Solutions and our third party vendors to ensure that decisions made regarding repairs, refurbishment and or replacement of the fleet are the most cost effective solutions to ensure the longevity of the truck fleet.
• Support the implementation and administration of the third party truck maintenance process.
• Manage the external warranty and policy process through the third party vendors.
• Manage the maintenance help desk.
• Support the branches with vendor management at the local and national level.
• Provide fleet management software (TRS) support to the branches.
• Administer fleet management software (TRS) including new vehicle input, vehicle transfers, etc.
• Produce and analyze reports from TRS.
• Monitor open repair tickets, investigate and resolve on a timely basis.
• Monitor and investigate vehicle down time.
• Support the vendor invoice review process.
• Support the fleet maintenance budgeting process.
• Support the truck registration and reporting process including titling, registrations, special permitting and fuel tax reporting.
• Support the maintenance department training initiatives.
• Special projects as required.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in medium & heavy truck(Class 6,7 &8) maintenance as licensed mechanic, lead hand, service advisor or warranty administrator.
• Experience in dealing with dealers, (OEMs) and third party repair shops on costs, warranty recovery & policy adjustments.
• Experience working with a geographically dispersed truck fleet.
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of medium & heavy truck warranty process.
• Knowledge of truck repair maintenance standards, including standard repair times and parts costs.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Understanding of financial statements (profit & loss, general ledger)
• Licensed truck and coach technician preferred.
• Certified warranty administrator or service advisor.
• Excellent communicator- both written & verbal.
• Strong negotiator
• Able to handle multiple priorities
• Process oriented
• High sense of urgency
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Change agent- focused on continuous process improvement
• Team player
BACKGROUND CHECK/DRUG TEST
• Successful completion of comprehensive background check at time of application and throughout employment
• Successful completion of drug testing in accordance with company policies and applicable law.
SHRED-IT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENETIC CHARACTERISTIC OR DISABILITY.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER