Product Line Champion (22969) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
The Drilling Services Product Champion is responsible for overseeing the development and commercialization of a specific product, or group of products. The PC must identify features, applications and benefits of the product relative to the competition, and quantify target markets in which to deploy the new technology. The PC will work closely across departments to coordinate the timely development and strategic commercialization of the assigned product.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assume a leadership role in the product development and commercialization process. Must liaise with Operations, Engineering, Business Development, Sales and Marketing, Product Line, Manufacturing, and Training to ensure a successful development and launch process.
2. Provide technical input for new product field software, tool development and commercialization initiatives.
3. Field test new product and develop required operations and R&M documentation.
4. Roll out the new product to regional operations.
5. Assists with development of global roll out strategy in conjunction with Global Service Line Manager(s) and Regional Business Unit Managers.
6. Develop and implement the Product Launch Plan, assessing the market, assisting with training, and offering assistance with product launch strategy and plan.
7. Develop new product sales presentations, log examples, and strategy for assigned product delivery.
8. Provide technical support for the new product launch.
9. Provide senior level customer sales and technical support related to the product launch.
10. Coach/mentor less experienced Product Champion staff.
11. Provide detailed reports as required for senior management.
12. Review customer impact failures and determine the necessary corrective actions related to the product launch.
13. Assist with R&D acceptance testing.
14. Assist with major tender proposals related to product launch.
15. Develop training and competency requirements for operations personnel with the Training Manager.
16. Assist Marketing with technical brochures, advertising, and articles.
17. Ensure companywide compliance of standard operating procedures, health, safety and quality standards.
18. Promote technical excellence image of company and PL (publish papers, attend/present at public forums, and otherwise gain recognition for the PL products and services).
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• 10+ years sales oil field service experience
• Extensive knowledge of Weatherford Drilling Systems products and services
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Good computer skills
• Willingness to travel
• Technical degree preferred
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.