Technical Support Analyst I (21351) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for day to day maintenance and support for the Cygnet Software Product. This will include technical support, trouble shooting complex issues, identifying cause of problems, participate in software testing, create and distribute activity reports, assisting and training both the internal and external customers with various technical needs. Work in a team environment. Also, will perform various other duties and activities; as well as involved with projects, as assigned by the supervisor or manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers via telephone, email, or via remote assistance programs and tools. As appropriate, provide custom solutions through Scripts.
- Configure the software and assist customers with upgrades.
- Communicate with customers to ensure support needs are met.
- Troubleshoot complex issues, with simulation/ reproduction of issues in order to find resolutions.
- Identify cause of problem reported by debugging VB, C/C++, SQL, HTML, XML and other code and if necessary correct them or report them to the developers.
- Assist with LOWIS deployment or Cygnet Proserve projects at customer sites; as assigned. Work with the commercial team to manage and distribute licensed software to customers.
- Work in a team environment and well with other team members.
- Participate in customer training and documentation; as well as, software testing as needed during release cycle.
- Use ticketing system(s) and time reporting systems to accurately report issues, document activities, and report time. Also, will create and distribute activity reports.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; OR the equivalent combination of education and IT/SCADA software support.
- One to two years of technical support experience or in a similar roll trouble shooting, diagnosing problems with hardware and software, and debugging skills.
- Oil and Gas industry or related industry experience.
- Understanding and experience within Windows operating systems and applications; as well as, a programming environment.
- Problem solving, analytical, and excellent written/verbal communication skills a must.
- Self motivated, detail oriented and organized.
- Work well independently and as part of a team environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization and various customers.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in handling of confidential and sensitive business information. Also, able to calmly manage crisis situations.