Global Technical Specialist (11374z) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Participate in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development priorities.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, operations, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Interfaces with the design team and provides guidance based on previous operational and field experience, liaison with operations.
- Actively participates in all product design reviews at all new product development gate levels.
- Supervise and help coordinate prototype testing at the R&D facility as required by the engineering groups new product test procedure.
- Provides technical support and guidance for any problems that may be may encountered during development or during the commercialization process.
- Plan and coordinate training as required by product line strategy.
- Oversee, train, and support the introduction of technologies, products, and services until they can be handled locally.
- Provide support to ensure successful application of technology developments to the market on a Global basis and develop Weatherford operating parameters for “best practices,” and “standardized operating procedures.”
- Maintain and track job data for all product line.
- Respond to technical inquiries
- Facilitate communications required to assist in problem resolution and avoidance