Material Handler (20301) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Ampscot Products and Services, a division of Weatherford, is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding in oil and gas production worldwide.
The Weatherford Ampscot location, in Nisku, Alberta has the following opening: Material Handler
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the primary functions of the Material Handler are:
- Move material and components around the shop - to the work stations as required by the production schedule, to and from storeage area and to other functions in the process
- Provide general labour support to the machine shop, following direction given
- Using power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
- As experience is gained, participate willingly in training to learn different functions in the process
- 100% participation in identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Fully participate in continuous process improvement and cost control, following quality policies, procedures and standards to maintain company guidelines
- Perform other duties as required, including effective clean-up and the accurate and timely completion of paperwork
Minimum Grade XII education; equivalency considered
previous experience with material handling and movement
previous experience operating a forklift in a safe and efficient manner
manual labor work experience is required
previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing/production environment an asset
previous experience with tools
previous experience operating a forklift
ability to learn new tasks
possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours
required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
willing to actively participate in the Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality programs
have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting
Weatherford is a progressive company and committed to the quality employee programs.
All employees are required to undergo medical, drug and alcohol testing.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.