Research & Development Mechanical Engineer – Oilfield (15498z) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Contributes technically to the development of new products to provide engineering and product support to the rollout of new products. Duties include but are not limited to, all aspects of engineering from initial studies and concept development, through design, testing and prototype build. This position acts as the technical specialist supporting the rollout of new products, responsible for troubleshooting any issues with new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years pipeline engineering experience
- Some knowledge of electronic systems
- PC Literate
- Experience dealing with clients
- Willingness to travel and work in the field onshore & offshore
- R&D experience
- Working knowledge of Pro-engineer
- Experience in Oilfield engineering
- Working knowledge of Pro-Engineer, Finite Element Analysis, and E-Plan
- Experience in dealing with clients
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, and the ability to create and draw complex hydraulic circuits
- Willingness to travel and work in the field onshore & offshore.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative