Quality Assurance Manager (19787) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Reporting to the plant manager, the Quality Assurance (QA) Manager is responsible for ensuring quality compliance of the plant, while driving process effectiveness and efficiency. The QA Manager represents the plant to external agencies, suppliers, and customers. The incumbent will champion the evolution of the quality culture for the plant.
- Maintain the plant Quality Management System including developing, standardizing and implementing quality assurance related policies, procedures, instructions, tools, training, and ensuring compliance.
- Manage all quality-related communications and training requirements for all plant employees
- Ensure plant audit readiness and host Quality System audits and inspections
- Report on Quality System effectiveness and requirements to management team as required including preparing and executing facility Quality Management reviews
- Define and improve plant quality objectives, metrics, reporting and operating mechanisms
- Act as Management Representative for quality including working with customers on addressing quality related issues and concerns
- Act as Quality subject matter expert involved in the management of vendor and subcontractor quality
- Perform NCR (Non-Comformance Report)analysis and provide dispositions as required
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and lead quality improvement projects
- Drive Six Sigma and Lean implementation in the plant
- Post Secondary education and training from an accredited university
- Minimum five years Quality Assurance Management experience preferably in a machining and assembly environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO Quality Systems
- Computer proficiency including MS Office
- Project management experience
.Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.