Field Service Technician (21901) Dickinson, North Dakota
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Safely achieve vertical alignment on tubular joints and all work necessary to accomplish such tasks from rig derrick.
• Prepare accurate tickets, job reports, time sheets, and other administrative forms.
• Independently operate and perform basic troubleshooting and minor repair of tubular service equipment.
• Assist in developing job action planning with customer on location.
• Verify all necessary equipment and supplies are on location and in proper working condition.
• Conduct pre-job safety meeting.
• May serve as well site representative when required
• Rig up and rig down power tongs and power units.
• Handle all tools and equipment needed in rig derrick.
• Align and stab tubulars in conjunction with tong operator and driller.
• Latch and unlatch elevators and pick up line.
• Assist in duties required with ongoing casing/tubular operations.
• Visually inspect stabbing equipment and tools before, during, and after job to ensure safe working conditions.
• Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• 1-3 years experience in related field
• General knowledge of casing/tubing operations
• Strong communication skills
• Should be able to work closely with fellow employees
• Mechanical aptitude
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations