Manufacturing Manager (22359) Katy, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Direct and coordinate activities of the manufacturing floor. Responsible for assembly and machining operations, inventory management, shipping and receiving, production scheduling. Primary focuses of this position are material management, continuous process improvement, demand management, capacity management, new product introduction transitions, and continuity of supply management practices.
- Participate in cost reduction programs, process, and product improvements
- Direct and coordinate activities of all production departments
- Oversee availability of raw materials, WIPs, finished products, packaging materials, manufacturing equipment and accessories in the manufacturing facility
- Assist in selection, placement and development of personnel
- Provide appropriate coaching and resources to employees to assure business goals are met
- Collaborate with HSSE in the implementation and maintenance of safety programs
- Prioritize production activity based on master schedule, product mix, equipment efficiencies and available materials to ensure on-time customer delivery
- Participate in continuous improvement and cycle time reduction activities
- Ensure departmental targets are met for production, quality and cost objectives
- Ensure process efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage a facility and organization that will achieve customer satisfaction with on-time delivery of product that meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Establish performance management tools and metrics to monitor the group’s ability to satisfy their customers’ needs
- Team with Materials Planning to maximize leverage within the supply chain
- Identify training needs
Skills and Knowledge
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Practical knowledge of flow/lean/demand-based manufacturing methods and techniques as they relate to both build to order and build to stock processes
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of JDE or ERP equivalent and MRP system software preferred .
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five-ten years experience in a manufacturing environment with strong supervisory experience of salaried and hourly employee
Knowledge of Windchill or PLM equivalent