Pump Technician – Production Systems (Lloydminster) (23377) Lloydminster, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford Production Systems in Lloydminster, Alberta is recruiting for a Pump Repair Technician.
This position will be responsible for learning all components of the business which includes the repair and refurbishing/ delivery of PC Pumps, as well as learning "inside sales" and "warehouse" duties. This person will become familiar with the subsequent procedures and operations and will initially work under the supervision of an experienced employee. The specific requirements for successful competency at this job level will include a willingness to become oriented and becoming proficient in the repair of downhole pumps and delivering quality service to customers in the oilfield industry.
Prior Oilfield experience is preferred however this is also an excellent entry level position for a mechanically inclined candidate as on the job training will be provided. Duties will correspond with candidate’s level of experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic job tasks or procedures in the shop relating to assembling, disassembling, refurbishing and testing of pumps to both WFT and external customer specifications
- Inside sales of oilfield parts and other related equipment
- Handle customer service inquiries, relating to billing and general information, may perform invoicing duties
- Warehouse duties including deliveries and general housekeeping
- Safely operate various pieces of equipment
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety oriented
- Ability to work shift rotation 8 on / 6 off and overtime as required during scheduled work days
- Valid driver’s license and a clean abstract
- Effective problem solving skills
- Quality first attitude
- Ability to follow work instructions from binder or computer
- Outside sales experience an asset
- Good communication skills
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical, drug & alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.