CNC Machinist IV (20288) Huntsville, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Must understand and comply with all applicable licensee requirements.
- Perform complex operational function of CNC machines.
- Maintain acceptable reject, scrap rates, and production rates.
- Identify problems and be able to correct most of them without assistance.
- Mount, align, and secure tooling, attachments and work piece on machine.
- Install cutting tools in machine.
- Load control media, such as tape, card or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve pre-programmed instruction from database.
- Calculate and set machine controls to position tools in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Start machine and monitor displays and machine operations to detect malfunctions.
- Stop machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments, without supervision, changing program if needed.
- Maintain proper maintenance of machine, equipment and facilities and keep in proper condition.
- Must provide all needed measuring tools and box to keep them in.
- Follow all oral and written instruction correctly.
- Required tohold tolerances within .0005 or as required by blueprints.
- Responsible for recording all labor hours with time system accurately.
- Handle machine finished items in a careful manner to prevent damage, maintain a neat and orderly work area, and function in a safe and reliable manner to prevent personal injury and/or property damage.
- Awareness of production scheduling and shop floor controls used by Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to set-up and run CNC lathe or mill with little assistance and troubleshoot same programs for potential errors.
- Ability to program jobs at the machine if required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Scrap rate is consistently below 3% of output. Meets or beats production requirements.
- Ability to completely inspect machined parts.
- Ability and willingness train new employees in proper machining techniques.
- Ability to read a measuring tape, micrometer and calipers.
- Ability to use geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to make process improvement suggestions and/or participate on process improvement teams.
At least 5 or more years of experience required.
**SIGN ON BONUS OR POSSIBLE RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**