Software Developer IV (19815) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Develop, support and maintain geoscience related software applications and libraries. Provide technical leadership for projects and advise more junior engineers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strives to obtain a functional understanding of Weatherford operational requirements for any Product Backlog Items.
- Participate as a senior software development team member in a Scrum development environment
- Estimate or assist in estimation of software modules to be developed.
- Works with Scrum team mates to estimate the relative size of Product Backlog Items(PBIs)
- Works with Scrum team mates to decompose Product Backlog Items into tasks and to estimate the amount of work required for each task
- Collaborates with other Scrum team mates to decide what Product Backlog Items can be committed to by the team for each sprint.
- Provides technical support and advice to Product Owner
- Collaborates with other Scrum team mates to organize the team and the work to be performed for each sprint
- Volunteers to work on and attempt to complete tasks in each sprint
- Identifies impediments to completion of tasks and brings them to the attention of the Scrum master, Manager, or other team members for resolution
- Communicates issues with scrum master or manager regarding excessive distractions, interruptions, or other difficulties and assists in removal or resolution of problems
- Raises issues with Product Owner to clarify product backlog requirements or software functionality and behavior
- Provides feedback to Scrum master, Manager, and team regarding ways to improve processes and performance
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Configuration management (VSS, TFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent programming and problem solving skills
- Strong math and physics background
- GUI design skills and knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of at least one additional related software development discipline (e.g. Testing/QA, Technical Writing, Business Analysis, System Architecture, Configuration Management, etc.)
- B.S. degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, or related major and minimum 7 years of proven software development experience
- Minimum of 10 years of proven software development experience with demonstrable record of advancement
- Minimum 3 years experience with Microsoft .NET 2.0 or greater
- Minimum 3 years experience with C#
- Minimum 1 years experience with WPF
- Minimum 3 years experience with Visual Studio
- Minimum 3 years experience with database design and development
- Minimum 3 years experience working with small cross functional teams