Senior Inventory Analyst (26639) Lloydminster, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford CPS PC Pump Products & Services is a part of Weatherford International and takes pride in manufacturing quality products. The employee is responsible for the following key areas:
Monitor all inventory related transactions, reporting and analysis in agreement with the ERP system, Inventory Control policy, Warehouse Management or any other requirements.
Works with warehouse staff to ensure that proper Bill of Materials (BOM) are utilized for building of various components in manufacturing facility in compliance with set process (status 40, WHIP, work in progress).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. This includes active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings, stopping & reporting all hazardous and unsafe acts, and actively promoting positive safety culture.
- Confer with personnel of organization units to analyse user requirements, procedures, identify problems, and learn input and output requirements specific to inventory management, such as Item setup requirements, cycle and physical count processes, internal transfers, inventory transactions, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Organize/Perform inventory counts & Cycle counts, following “Inventory Policy”, with ABC classification
- Generate and manage warehouse inventory reordering within established levels.
- Run MRP as required to ensure replenishment of inventory in a timely manner.
- Establish controls to minimize losses, prevent stock-outs or duplication.
- Generate releases for inventory contracts as required.
- Monitor usage of inventory and propose adjustments to inventory levels as required to minimize cost without compromising plant reliability.
- Expedite inventory releases to ensure inventory replenishment in a timely manner.
- Work with Warehousing team for location setup and do random counts for locations.
- Ensures that inventory and customer service targets are achieved, with service being a critical element to success: the material available when needed at the right location and cost effective.
- Coordinates with end user departments to determine critical stock quantities.
- Other warehouse duties as assigned to help / support the ongoing operations.
- Responsible for monitoring/maintaining organization of lot/bin locations.
- Oversee and ensure that all tasks and JDE inventory related activities are carried out appropriately, correctly, timely and in compliance to company and legal requirements.
- Support quality assurance activities, reporting of non-conformance and implementing corrective action as required.
- Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Follow Weatherford policies and procedures regarding quality, health, safety and environment and ensure they are enforced.
Skills & Knowledge
- English, excellent computer skills.
- Solid experience in MS Office, XL spread sheets,word processing,database management.
- Commitment to proper warehousing protocols and processes based on continuous improvement principles
- Thrives on challenging working environment with many simultaneous priorities.
- Effective time manager - routinely called on to prioritize.
- Self-starter with solid interpersonal skills projecting a very positive, customer service-oriented attitude
- Able to exercise sound business judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated above average knowledge base of parts and components being used in the facility and capability of transferring this information to staff and related reports
- Solid experience in JD Edwards
Grade 12 or equivalent
Minimum 2-3 years inventory, warehouse or related experience
Enrolment in PMAC (Purchasing Management Association of Canada) and working towards the SCMP designation or APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) working towards the CPIM Certification
Any special requirements
- Above average organizational skills
- Above average interpersonal/ communication skill
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Safety minded individual and willingness for receiving required and ongoing safety training as a condition of employment.
Demonstrated eye for detail and ability to multi task
Being of investigative nature and a stickler for perfection
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.