Pump Technician - Rocky Mountain House (27404) Rocky Mountain House, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Depending on level of experience, candidates will initially work under supervision (on the job training) with an experienced employee, achieving competency on basic job tasks/ set instructions or procedures in the shop relating to assembling and testing of pumps to both WFT and external customer specifications.
- Facilitate delivery of pumps both to and from customer location
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies.
- Orientation and learning how to safely operate various equipment associated with position.
- Interpret work orders and customer orders.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness.
- Ensuring that the work completed meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations.
- Aware of all safe operating procedures for any piece of equipment being operated.
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime hours, as workload requires.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Capability of working overtime
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
- Quality first attitude
- Ability to follow set work instructions both from binder and computer.
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.