Field Welder - COROD® Continuous Rod - Bonnyville (25057) Bonnyville, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford International Ltd. is one of the largest global providers of products and services that span the drilling, evaluation, completion, production, and intervention cycles of oil and natural gas wells. Weatherford is a new breed of service company—one that can provide the industry with extended products and services, more efficient operations, more powerful research and development capabilities and greater geographic diversity
Weatherford’s COROD continuous rod is one of the leading well optimization solutions for reciprocating and progressing cavity pumping (PCP) applications. With over 25,000 installations spanning the past 40+ years, COROD continuous rod’s engineered solutions are a proven and viable method for optimizing artificial- lift systems the world-over.
- Operating 5 ton vehicle pulling large trailer containing Corod product and portable fusion welding equipment in off road conditions to lease sites
- Operates welding equipment in the installation and service of Continuous Sucker Rod.
- Completes all paperwork (purchase orders, work orders, maintenance records, time sheets, service tickets, etc.) accurately; submits same in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains all tools and stock required for jobs, e.g. pins, paint, acetylene, etc.
- Maintains regular communication with Field Supervisor and dispatch representative to ascertain welder status
- Maintain constant communication with Oil Company representative throughout each job
- Observes job procedures and identifies problems; provides suggestions for controlling or eliminating problems; actively participates in continuous process improvement.
- Documents all potential hazards and dangers and informs others (Hazard ID's and Near Misses); wears personal protective equipment.
- Follows all safety and environmental procedures; complies with incident reporting and emergency response procedures.
- Obtains all necessary permits for welder unit.
- Performs other duties as required.
Class 1 driver's license, First Aid, H2S, TDG, etc. tickets required.
Previous oilfield experience is an asset but not necessary.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.