Field Service Electrical Technician- Production Optimization (24541) Lloydminster, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
- Test, install, program and repair Variable Frequency Drives, Rod Pump Controllers, Clearwell and other electrical and electronic devices in field.
- Troubleshooting of Production Optimization systems and related electrical equipment.
- Maintaining existing process for Production Optimization systems and development of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Journeyman/ Apprentice Electrician or Instrumentation technician.
- Previous knowledge and experience with Variable Frequency Drives and high voltage systems.
- Previous experience with Production Systems is considered an asset.
- Capability of travel throughout Canada.
- Valid passport required or capability of obtaining a passport for travel is required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated computer skills/ ability to operate laptop computer system
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Capability of working overtime and week ends as required
- Effective communicator with customers/ fellow employees
- Being able to work in a team environment
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development