Shipper/Receiver (22817) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The primary role for the Shipper/Receiver is to coordinate all incoming and outgoing local deliveries. Assure all materials are accurately received in the current database system and delivering those materials to their next required destination.
- Provide assistance with all incoming deliveries including; unloading incoming trucks and signing packing slips
- Check all incoming and outgoing deliveries for accuracy by verifying to packing slips
- Data entry of all items received into the current database system, verify/create serial numbers and print barcodes.
- Organize courier pick-up and shipments
- Deliver signed/stamped packing slips to the accounting department
- Contact purchasing department on any return/adjustments to deliveries and the vendor when the parts need to be returned
- Contact vendor for pickup of any parts/paperwork when ready
- Work with other departments to resolve shipping/receiving issues
- Maintain forklift; inspect to Ref: WI-MOT-007 requirements, replace propane bottle when needed, notify appropriate personnel when repairs are needed
- Promote good employee/vendor/delivery personnel relations
- Provide 24 hour/weekends on call service, as required
- Provide backup, as required, to Freight Coordinator to ensure smooth material/paper movement on a timely basis for both incoming and outgoing shipments to its final destination
- All other duties as assigned
- OT required as per business needs
- Order shipping supplies (Tape, Pallets, Boxes) when needed
- Trash all crates and pallets that are either damaged or can no longer be reused
- Organize and maintain the inside and outside shipping/receiving area
- Assist in loading empty oil drums when requested
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years warehouse experience
- Experience with operating various warehouse equipment
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Lotus Notes and Word/Excel. JDE and SAP experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be organized and be able to plan and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail are of utmost importance
- Positive attitude and professional behavior
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.