Mechanic II (22289) Odessa, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Under broad direction, maintains and repairs a variety of equipment including diesel engines, heavy trucks, pumping equipment, lifting equipment and other oilfield related equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyor systems, air compressors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, gin pole units, gear boxes, PTO’s, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24 volt electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires and wheels, forklifts, electro-mechanical equipment, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment and various other types of oil field related equipment.
- Execute required procedures for preventative maintenance.
- Perform inspections required by company, and government entities.
- Proficient in troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Install and/or replace new or reconditioned repair parts.
- Test equipment for proper operation.
- Operation of lifting devices.
- Understand and assist with interpreting electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic circuits, drawings and prints.
- Proficient use of diagnostic equipment (i.e. DVOM, ProLink etc).
- Perform basic cutting and welding procedures with some fabrication.
- Must complete proper paperwork as assigned.
- May be required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- May be required to assist Maintenance Supervisor.
- 2 years of technical training or equivalent.
- 5 years mechanic/ maintenance experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to learn the JD Edwards operating system and functions.
- Good communication skills.
- General electronic knowledge theory.
- General hydraulic knowledge theory.
- Good operational knowledge of Weatherford equipment and its operating systems.
- Ability to read various types of drawings/schematics.
- CDL license may be required.
- Valid drivers license.
- Satisfactory driving record as defined inDriver Qualification Policy HRD-12.