Logistics Coordinator II (25380) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
This position reports to the Logistics Manager for the Global Procurement Group and will manage a wide-range of activities associated with Export Logistics; from the material management continuing through all phases of the Logistics Management.
This position requires building close relationships with Weatherford’s Procurement Group, Global Supply Chain, Trade Compliance Group, Regional Logistics Groups and 3rdParty Logistic Providers.
- Prepare all required documents related to shipping such as Commercial Invoice, Shipper’s Letter of Instruction, packing slips and other required documents
- Ensure materials are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to internal documented processes, including planning transportation, selecting mode of transportation, and tracking the shipment through the Supply Chain while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, and contractual requirements
- Analyze transportation costs and trends, update performance metrics, and prepare routine reports identifying actions for continued improvement
- Ensure all Export Compliance regulations are strictly adhered to
- Work closely with freight forwarder and other service providers to facilitate the movement of outbound international shipments
- Provide pricing (direct and intra-company) for equipment to be exported considered out of gauge according to Global Supply Chain Freight Contracts
- Invoicing of equipment shipped and all associated cost (freight/crating)
- Foster strong vendor and customer relations are upheld
3 + Years of logistics experience
A Bachelor Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
Excellent interpersonal, communications, organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines
Must have excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Proficiency with standard functions within applications such as MS Office, MS Outlook, etc
Experience with JD Edwards a plus