HSE Specialist (21853) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Ensures the Safety, Occupational Health (Industrial Hygiene) and Environmental compliance plan is developed and implemented at the facility. This position must ensure Active Caring HSE plans are executed by front line management at the facility. This position must ensure all employees are trained and competent to perform their task in a harmony with regulatory guidelines for environment, health and safety. This position must perform hazard and risk assessments for the facility and ensure engineering controls are in place to prevent harm to employees from recognized hazards. This position must ensure industrial hygiene compliance plans are in place and executed to prevent employee exposures. This position must ensure environmental compliance at the locations as it relates to local, state and federal laws and regulations. This position must act as facilitator and co-champion for the facility safety committee. The position must come up with creative ideas to implement governmental regulations and Weatherford HSE compliance plans. This position must work closely with line management to reach the heart of employees to drive responsibility for HSE compliance throught the employee body. This position may be required to provide technical support to lower level HSE employees. This position reports operationally to the plant manager and functionally to the Director’s HSE Team Lead. The HSE Team Lead reports the Director of HSE for Global Supply Chain.
- Ensures HSE Compliance at the facility to all governmental and company requirements.
- Implement the Active Caring HSE Plan and scorecard
- Do environmental, industrial hygiene and safety audits, monitoring, risk and hazard assessments and other tasks required to ensure compliance and employee competence in HSE.
- HSE training and competence assurance in employee job tasks.
- Be a part of the plant leadership team and ensure metrics of the Active Caring HSE Plan and Scorecard are reviewed at the weekly leadership meetings.
- Projects for growth as assigned by the Director of HSE in Global Supply Chain.
- Act as the facilitator for the facility safety committee.
- Ensure the locations integrated contingency plan is in place for HSE issues.
- Implement Weatherford HSE and Quality plans as assigned.
- Continually improve the Weatherford Quality Management System at the facility as it applies to safety, industrial hygiene and environmental issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Seven years of manufacturing HSE experience developing and implementing successful processes and programs.
- BS degree
- Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist or must be able to obtain one or the other in two years.
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience working in a matrix management structure
- Strong organizational skill and the use of MS Project
- Computer literacy in the use of the Microsoft Suite and basic database development and use
- Driving record in harmony with Weatherford standards and requirements
- Preferred Passport holder and must be able to travel upon request.
- Previous experience with ISO 14000, 18000 and 9000