Rig Assistant: COROD® Continuous Rod, Lloydminster/Provost, AB (23274) Provost, Canada
Weatherford International Ltd. is one of the largest global providers of products and services that span the drilling, evaluation, completion, production, and intervention cycles of oil and natural gas wells. Weatherford is a new breed of service company—one that can provide the industry with extended products and services, more efficient operations, more powerful research and development capabilities and greater geographic diversity
Weatherford’s COROD® continuous rod is one of the leading well optimization solutions for reciprocating and progressing cavity pumping (PCP) applications. With over 25,000 installations spanning the past 40+ years, COROD continuous rod’s engineered solutions are a proven and viable method for optimizing artificial- lift systems the world-over.
As a Weatherford Rig Assistant you will have the opportunity to work alongside a rig operator to facilitate the safe and efficient operation of Weatherford’s Corig™ unit, a standalone, well servicing solution. Weatherford provides our Rig Assistant’s with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills, serving as the starting point to a fulfilling career in the oilfield services industry.
- Assists in the installation and servicing of wellsite equipment, including continuous rod, downhole pumps and wellhead drives.
- Participates in all drills at the required frequency.
- Ensures proper handling, use and maintenance of equipment and tools on the Corigunit; informs Rig Operator if any equipment/tools are required.
- Drive a one-ton crew vehicle with crew trailer in a safe manner to well site locations.
- Understands environmental and health and safety hazards; complies with all environmental and safety procedures as set by the Company and the industry.
- Communicates all safety, operational and environmental concerns to the Rig Operator or Field Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean working area: wellsite/lease, rig, truck, and doghouse.
- Ensures all paperwork, e.g. rig tickets, time sheets, etc. are filled out correctly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Observes job procedures and identifies problems or concerns, suggesting areas for process improvement.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- 1-2 years oilfield rig experience.
- Relocation to the Lloydminster/Provost region.
- WHMIS, First Aid & CPR training.
- Valid class 5 driver's abstract with clean driving record (Class 3 Operators license preferred).
- Uncompromising attitude to safety performance and service quality excellence.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team setting.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.