Construction Project Manager (26871a) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford Canada Partnership is looking for a Construction Project Manager to provide assistance to the Canadian Region Facilities Manager in regards to the development of new construction projects, building alterations and disposal for all of Weatherford premises requirements throughout the Region. The successful candidate will ensure cost effective & timely solutions to meet business and legislative needs, work collaboratively with QHSSE to ensure all workplaces are in compliance with National, Provincial and Corporate standards in terms of environmental issues, security and safety and monitor and supervise the project team composition, design, development and construction phases within Weatherford's organization.
· Travel 3-5 days per week to job sites to monitor progress of projects and resolve any issues which may arise; such as additions, modifications, delays, etc.
· Assist Local, District and General Managers with identifying the scope of work for construction and development projects for their operating/manufacturing facilities.
· Assist with preparing and generating AFE approvals for Construction and Development projects; monitor expense through all phases of the project.
· Negotiate 3rd party contracts with architects, contractors and project managers; coordinate with Legal, Environmental and Risk.
· Assist Senior Project Manager with the bid submittal process with contractors, selecting contractor and monitoring performance of contractor throughout project.
· Timely report status and progress of projects relative to timeline, budget, contract and scope.
· Collect certificate of occupancies, copies of as built drawings, permits and all necessary construction related documents.
· Review and process pay applications, change orders and other construction related documents.
· Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
· Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
· Under the supervision of the Region Facilities Manager assist in putting forward innovative proposals and costed options on any potential expansion or consolidation opportunities as these present themselves as the organization continues to change, to effect alterations to existing premises, to upgrade the premises to conform to various legislative requirements.
· Control building safety and environmental (in conjunction with QHSE) of the facility development projects
· Review all aspects of developments in terms of air conditioning, lighting, ventilation systems and ensure that the buildings function efficiently in energy management and make recommendations to the line manager
· Supervise all contractors on development project locations throughout the Region.
· Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by the line manager within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
· Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
· Must have experience in negotiating AIA contracts; consultant agreements
· Must have prior experience with current safety regulations and environmental issues as they apply to new construction or addition to existing company Owned/Leased structures.
· Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, Project
· Strong MS Project or similar project management software knowledge
· Proven track record running development projects between $5-20M
· Experience in a management position
· Thorough knowledge of all building procedures, knowledge of planning and building regulations, and good teamwork skills.
· Good communication skills
· Solid negotiating skills
· Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar position is essential
· Significant knowledge of project management related to facility development preferred
· Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development