Technical Sales Representative - MPD & UBD (Calgary) (24834) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The Secure Drilling Services group is looking for a Technical Sales Support Representative to promote Weatherford’s products to potential clients in the market place and act as liaison between sales and engineering.
- Introduce new and existing products to potential clients in the market place
- Establish new customers for the SDS group as well as to focus on those new customer accounts
- Provide technical support and advise clients on specific equipment and services
- Support ongoing applications with engineering
- Interface with the SDS Engineering group
- Provide technical expertise for operations, on behalf of client requests and/or Weatherford’s operations group
- Assist Senior Sales in technical sales calls and point of contact solutions
- Responsible for promoting Weatherford in a professional manner
- Gain product knowledge of other Weatherford products and services
- Building relationships with clients’ key personnel.
- Other duties as required
- Accredited Petroleum Engineering Diploma/Degree
- 3-5 years experience in the oilfield industry an asset
- MPD/UBD experience desired
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas marketplace trends and key indicators
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products
- Strong and effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Valid driver’s license and a clean abstract
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.