Inventory Coordinator (22497) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford Engineered Chemistry is currently seeking an Inventory Coordinator to support and manage the flow of inventory to and from our remote site locations.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Inventory Coordinator supports the Regional Operations team by performing and running counts (physical and cycle), supporting the reconciliation process, routing counts and variances, posting counts and results, creating and maintaining reports to track the results. The Coordinator will create and in ensure compliance to all inventory/asset policy requirements at the area and discrict levels. They will be support efforts to maintain and review all inventory activities.
- Control and manage flow of inventory to & from remote sites
- Perform and run physical and cycle counts.
- Work with locations and Supervisors to reconcile inventory and asset count results
- Identify sources of cycle count variances and work with appropriate branch plants and supervisors to correct
- Route the counts for the necessary approvals
- Post counts and results
- Compile reports and route variances
- Develop and maintain tracking reports on the area location
- Compile information on receipt or disbursement of goods and computes inventory balance
- Prepare reports of inventory balance, and shortages
- Monitor inventory value
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level
- Work to develop and implement processes to resolve recurring variances
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Post secondary education in a related field an asset
- Minimum of 5 years inventory or related experience
- Advance computer knowledge relating to inventory
- JD Edwards experience an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Advanced Excel)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to travel to base locations
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment.
- Clean Drivers Abstract
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol Test. In addition, due to the nature of working with chemicals, qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pulmonary Function Test and be fit with a respirator
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.