Senior Accountant (24674) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Record, analyze, and report financial data and compare results against previous months. Interpret complex accounting transactions. Establish and maintain proper accounting documentation. Prepare budget and forecast information and provide explanations of variances. Ensure that accounting transactions are reported accurately and timely on the financial statements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare month-end journal entries related to payroll and benefits, domestic and international freight shipments, accruals, tax provisions, and expenses.
- Analyze financial transactions and statements and record adjustments to the P&L and balance sheet.
- Analyze headcount and payroll data received from payroll department.
- Prepare, submit and reconcile financial reporting data using FDC software.
- Lead accountant during closing – assist other accountants with analysis of financial transactions and reconciliation of FDC files.
- Prepare reconciliation of accrued salaries and benefits, other current liabilities and long-term liabilities accounts and provide guidance to accountants for reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare audit schedules and provide written explanations of variances for internal and external auditors.
- Maintain chart of accounts and account mapping files for FDC.
- Print and distribute month-end financial reports.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Ensure work assignments are carried out to the highest quality level.
- Accounting or Finance degree or equivalent experience required.
- AS400 and JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Intermediate Excel and basic Word experience required.
- Five to seven years general accounting experience, with a minimum of three to four years financial statement analysis required.
- Two to three years of extensive balance sheet reconciliation experience required.
- Ten-key by touch required.