Software Engineering Manager, CBRNE (ENG-13-00002) Santa Ana, California
The Manager of Software Engineering will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers developing new solutions for homeland security and public safety products.
The Software Manager will be responsible for leadership of all aspects of software engineering for security detection products, including leading software design efforts across multiple programs, and ensuring sustaining engineering support for legacy programs. Software design scope will span low-level embedded controls, advanced detection algorithm, GUI and data management, communications, and network integration. The leader will also provide program supervisions and customer interface as needed.
Additionally this leader will be responsible for formulating – and implementing – a cross-business software strategy for integrating devices into a security framework.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage software engineering team. Manage team efforts on multiple programs to ensure satisfaction of performance, schedule, and budget.
- Design & maintain software for new & existing products.
- Develop and apply advanced methods to the creation, design and development of complex software programs, and applications.
- Coordinate SW strategy and execution across multiple programs at two sites.
- Direct problem solving projects or major phases of projects to resolve advanced software technical issues.
- May act as Project Leader or expert level troubleshooter on large or difficult software project installations or critical software solutions that may include on-site client work
- Organize means for problem resolution, reviews project progress
- Asses vendor capabilities and provides technical consultation
- Provide technical support to Sales & Production.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years Software Management experience, including performance management
- Minimum 3 years experience leading an engineering team
- 10 years of overall software engineering experience
- Solid expertise in managing software projects for Windows/Linux embedded platforms
- Extensive experience with C/C++ and Object Oriented Programming
- Qt, MFC, STL, Win32 Development Experience
- Embedded RTOS experience
- GNU toolchain experience
- Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft eMbedded C++
- Embedded systems design, SBC
- Microsoft SourceSafe, GIT
- Boost C++, .NET experience and Shell scripting
- Must submit your application for employment through the Morpho Detection website to be considered.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be eligible to apply for US Security Clearance.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Santa Ana, CA
- Must be willing to travel up to 35%
About the Organization
At Morpho Detection, we know that our people are our most valuable asset. With that in mind, we offer excellent competitive benefits and compensation, a great working environment, and the opportunity to work with leading edge technology. We are looking for people who are seeking a challenging position; those who thrive in an environment where innovation and responsiveness are the norm.
Morpho Detection is a leader in explosive and narcotics detection for aviation safety, checked baggage screening, military & critical infrastructure protection and new growth platforms in Chem/Bio, X-ray and Radiation/Nuclear detection. Morpho Detection was formed in September 2009 by the acquisition of GE Homeland Protection by Sagem Sécurité (Safran Group)
The Safran group operates worldwide, through offices and facilities in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Through this global presence we enhance our competitiveness, while building industrial and commercial relations with the world's leading prime contractors and operators. Our international development strategy reflects our commitment to delivering fast, local service to customers around the world.
If you would like to be a part of a fast-paced, exciting industry that demands and rewards the best, we want to hear from you.
Morpho Detection is an equal opportunity employer.