Field Operator I (20058z) Weston, West Virginia
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
This is an entry level position focused on providing the necessary skills and knowledge in order to safely perform a variety of basic Wireline services as a Field Operator. The expectation at this level is to assist under direct supervision of the lead operator, and to observe all aspects of the operation as performed by the Wireline crew. Duties and responsibilities are to assist in the maintenance and operation of Wireline equipment and services.
Under the direction and supervision of the location manager, the trainee will undergo initial training in order to meet the minimum HSE certification and technical requirements required to assist in operations at the jobsite. The manager will assign the employee a mentor (Lead Operator) in order to assist as necessary so that the required level of skills and knowledge has been achieved.
The employee is required to complete the Level 1 competency standards to meet the criteria for Junior Operator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Successfully complete the learning plan for Level 1 Wireline Operator. The learning plan includes on-the-job training under the supervision of a mentor, formal training, and utilization of Weatherford online training and documentation.
• Assist in the preparation of tools and equipment, and paperwork requirements.
• Demonstrate familiarity with Wireline documentation and other online training systems.
• Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
• Demonstrate general knowledge of Weatherford tools and equipment at the location.
• Assist in performing tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rigging, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
• Assist in performing Wireline tests, cable re-heads, and basic preventative maintenance.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of various Wireline functions including winch operation, basic depth control, and tension monitoring.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Understand basic mathematics
• Understand basic principles of electricity
• Knowledge of windows based systems
• Demonstrated mechanical ability
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to communicate in native language
• Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with Hazardous Materials endorsement or equivalent
• Previous Wireline experience
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
• Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
• Ability to perform under time constraints
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check, DOT physical, and drug screen