Business Analyst I - Distribution (10109) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Production Support team member for the Distribution modules, for the Enterprise Solution software, working with users via phone to support tickets to resolve business issues. Secondly, working as a part of the enterprise applications team to suggest improvements, participate in testing and upgrades of the system and custom-developed business software applications as required. Render functional and technical analysis and application support services in Weatherford’s multi-company, multi-national environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Assist users with software issues encountered in day-to-day processing primarily related to JDE Distribution applications. Tracking of issues in call management software.
2) Knowledge of applications interfacing into JDE, including Acorde, Optio, etc.
3) Coordinate with the Training Group and key application users in maintaining an appropriate Manufacturing User Guide for end-user training and on-going field reference.
4) Participate in development and maintenance of thorough, up-to-date, functional and systems documentation, business process flow diagrams and end user training material.
5) Assist in the creation of detailed functional design documents including descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications.
6) Conduct application training on occasion.
7) Will be required to learn and Support Weatherford Internal Service Rental module. Continue to acquire knowledge of other JDE modules and add on applications.
8) Involved in the error correction and testing of upgrades of the applications as needed.
9) Periodic, project-oriented out-of-town and/or overseas travel may be required for requirements definition, implementation purposes, conference room pilots, training and onsite support.
1) Two years experience in implementing and supporting EnterpriseOne software with the ability to demonstrate a command of all the modules within EnterpriseOne (One World) Distribution Suite. Detailed knowledge of Sales Order, Inventory and Procurement modules within EnterpriseOne Distribution Suite. Exposure to JDE 9 would be advantageous.
2) Solid experience in the major PC-based productivity software applications including: spreadsheets, word processing, database management, report-writing and basic telecommunications applications - particularly, knowledge of the Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project).Knowledge of running AS400 queries.
3) Self-starter with solid interpersonal skills - projecting a very positive, customer-service-oriented attitude. Able to exercise sound business judgment and discretion - maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
4) Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills - both from a functional and technical perspective. Comfortable working in a “matrix-management” environment with numerous indirect and project team reporting relationships.
5) Ability to work both alone or as a member of a cross-functional project team with minimal supervision.
6) Quality-oriented attention to detail a must - particularly in the areas of application testing, quality assurance and systems documentation.