Manager Global Intercompany Process Improvement (22986) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Applies knowledge and assists in the development of the Company’s intercompany processes, policies, and procedures. Analyzes and overcomes obstacles to effectively deliver information and to address questions from colleagues, management, and other internal customers. Understands organization structure and the core businesses of the Company. Interacts with other departments and other business units to resolve issues. Responsible for interpreting, applying, and developing company policy/accounting principles related to intercompany transactions. Challenges status quo and recommends process improvements to enhance productivity, data integrity, and quality of group deliverables.
Monthly / Routine Processes
- Mentor and guide direct reports to develop their skills and provide them with opportunities for growth
- Review IC policy quarterly and make recommendations to facilitate dispute resolution and streamline the close process
- Standardize the IC Confirmation process and host training to educate Field of new process
- Develop documentation of standard IC processes
- Communicate standard processes to Field and host training as needed.
- Establish relationships with Field contacts to promote the timely resolution of identified issues
- Coordinate with IC Monitoring team to identify recurring disputes or issues and develop processes / change IC Policy to resolve permanently.
- Coordinate with Field contacts to understand limitations and problem areas
- Implement IC Confirmation Sharepoint site, including field training
- Implement IC Mismatch Tracker Sharepoint site, including field training
- Host Field training related to process improvement initiatives, IC Withholding Tax Tracker Sharepoint, IC Withholding Tax Process in JDE, IC Note Subsytem.
- Coordinate with JDE team to develop additional functionality to improve the IC process.
- Assist with remediation efforts as it impacts intercompany transactions or processes
- Promote process documentation and cross training initiatives
- Knowledge and application of US GAAP
- Technical and analytical proficiencies
- Experience with field intercompany accounting and similar intercompany accounting coordination role
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivery of quality/accurate work products
- Logical reasoning and problem solving skills to troubleshoot issues
- Well developed interpersonal skills - ability to communicate professionally (oral/written)
- Customer service oriented
- Organization and multi task skills
- 3-5 years experience in intercompany or similar accounting role
- Previous supervisory experience