Microseismic Interpretation Engineer (20928) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Petroleum Consulting is a Business Unit tasked with delivering answers to our clients. Petroleum Consulting works in conjunction with other Business Units to provide solutions to our clients’ challenges. This will manage assigned microseismic monitoring projects for Weatherford clients from job design to final delivery of processed and interpreted data.
- Quality control and interpretation of microseismic monitoring data.
- Integration of microseismic data with other relevant for integrated solutions.
- Maintain active communication with Weatherford clients as well as wireline operations, sales, and processing groups from pre-job design to final delivery to ensure clients objectives are met and surpassed.
- Perform microseismic data interpretation and build reports during real time and non-real time operations to provide clients with sound engineering advice on their completion methods based on microseismic data analysis.
- Build final microseismic interpretation reports and present reports to Weatherford clients.
- Establish interpretation workflows and help improving current software and worksheets for data interpretation and reporting.
- Train and coach junior microseismic field personnel.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Bachelor Degree – Petroleum Engineering, Geophysics or other relevant degree
- 3 years industry experience in either service or production companies
- Basic understanding of hydraulic fracturing services and well completion methods
- Fluency in English. Able to communicate clearly in oral and written form
- Competent and comfortable making effective presentations to clients
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision and with remote teams
- Computer literacy. Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Travel to field locations is required
- Masters degree or other advanced education and training
- Experience as a hydraulic fracturing engineer, microseismic data Interpretation (and/or processing) engineer/geophysicist, completions field engineer, and formation evaluation field engineer
- Spanish as a second language a plus