Desktop Support Analyst (21410) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Provides technical support for “desktop” computer hardware and software under the direction of the Client Services Supervisor. Work with other IT department personnel to help resolve reported problems and issues, regardless of the particular area of expertise, on a timely basis. Assist in the completion and satisfaction of Information Services Service Requests, and enter Service Request data into the “Help Desk” database on a timely basis.
Perform other tasks to be determined, consistent with the administrative, technical and physical constraints of the position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Configure, install, troubleshoot and maintain Personal Computer (PC) related hardware and software, associated printers and peripherals, network access, and network client software. Assist in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of network-related hardware, software, and services such as file servers, print servers, disk subsystems, gateways, and connections to external resources.
• Maintaining and supporting Personal Computer related hardware and software components, including printers, modems, and other peripherals, using the following operating systems: DOS, Windows 98/2000, Windows XP Professional and Windows 7 x86 / x64. Maintaining and supporting network server related hardware and software components, such as file servers, print servers
• Maintaining and supporting Microsoft Office products, E-mail, AS/400, JDE Citrix, SCCM Console, Microsoft System Center Service Manager and other specialized software as required by Divisions.
• Maintaining and Supporting Client Services “Images” for Dell/Compaq/IBM desktops and laptops. Maintain records of sites Personnel, Systems and Software. Assist in development of documentation for advanced software.
• Maintain and Implement Systems Software Management (SCCM).
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Maintaining and supporting Personal Computer related hardware and software components, including printers, modems, and other peripherals, using the following operating systems: DOS, Windows 2000 / XP Professional and Windows 7 x86 / x64. Maintaining and supporting network server related hardware and software components, such as file servers, print servers.
• Some previous Network experience with NT Servers, Print Servers
• 2+ Years experience – Level II
• 2+ Years experience / Network Troubleshooting
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Time management and Organizational skills and quality-oriented attention to detail