Recruiter - Military (FLX045-13) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
IT’S MORE THAN A JOB! KellyOCG, a division of Kelly Services is looking for an individual who has the ability to act as a Military Recruiter. You will drive the recruiting process and ensure a positive candidate experience.
The Military Recruiter will act as an individual contributor. This individual will carry a full work load to identify, screen and submit qualified military veterans or active duty personnel.
This role consists of screening potential candidates for various client openings utilizing all sourcing channels to source qualified candidates. This person must be able to identify and locate passive military candidates & generate interest in client positions or pipeline requirements by researching various military branches and functions to create a diverse pool of applicants.
This individual will act as an ongoing consultant to the client on the military recruiting process. This person must drive the military recruiting process, present qualified candidates to the hiring managers and ensure a positive experience for the candidates as they move through this process. This person also drives business commitments such as service level agreements (SLAs), compliance, diversity and quality.
In addition, the Military Recruiter should be a subject matter expert (SME) in recruiting and must have recruiting expertise with a military background. The ideal candidate is an Honorably Discharged Veteran with a deep understanding of military life and military SOP’s.
This is a remote/virtual position!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Acts as the primary interface with the Hiring Managers, Human Resources and other key stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction
• Maintains accountability for the entire recruiting process as defined by the client
• Consults with hiring manager and follows processes to achieve SLAs/metrics
• Leads initial consultations with hiring managers on requisition definition and potential sourcing strategies
• Conducts external searches through strategic sourcing (networking, cold-calling, job board utilization, etc.)
• Develops and implements sourcing strategies to find and attract desired passive candidates within all branches of the U.S. Military.
• Develops and maintains extensive and effective networks within professional associations and within active military bases to ensure a continuous flow of candidates
• Utilizes advanced internet mining techniques
• Identifies and researches recruiting events both on base and off
• Utilizes online social and professional networking sites to connect with potential passive candidates
• Develops and maintains a high volume of referrals
• Develops and maintains a strong candidate pipeline
• Creates compliant and impactful postings
• Continuously “closes” qualified candidates and works to drive offer acceptance
• Leads the candidate through the hiring process to ensure a positive experience and coaches each candidate appropriately at every stage of the process
• Screens, presents and “sells” qualified candidates to hiring managers
• Leads and/or participates in sourcing projects
• Maintains a clear and accurate understanding of the entire recruiting process as defined by the client
• Demonstrates solid business knowledge in multiple industries and effective business acumen
• Follows processes to achieve SLAs/metrics
• Works within the confines of the client Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to identify potential candidates
• Maintains understanding and execution of diversity and quality requirements
• Ensures compliance with legal and client regulations during identification and screening process
• Demonstrates expertise in using advanced search techniques to generate qualified and interested candidates
• Demonstrates expertise in generating talent through networking and creative sourcing methods
• Demonstrates solid business knowledge in multiple industries; including niche areas where appropriate
• Knowledgeable of applicable employment laws
• Utilizes problem solving and root cause analysis skills
• Accurately captures data and reports key staffing metrics in a timely manner
• Must have the ability to quickly learn and navigate new software programs
• Operational experience with at least one Applicant Tracking System preferred
• Identifies and screens candidates according to OFCCP guidelines
• Executes accurate data capture and timely reporting on key staffing metrics in client’s ATS and/or other tracking mechanism such as Excel
• Effectively manages a requisition load
• Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Internet
• Must possess exceptional organizational, time management, administrative and customer service skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast paced, intense work environment and adapt to constant changes and competing priorities
• Quickly evaluates and prioritize tasks in a high volume staffing environment
• Demonstrates the ability to work with challenging and demanding clients and adapt to changes
• Must have a strong commitment to quality and ethical behavior and maintain high level of confidentiality
• Effectively utilizes strong communication, interpersonal and consultative and negotiation skills
• Excellent diction, grammar, pronunciation and articulation are required
• Possess upbeat and enthusiastic voice tone
• Identifies and resolves potential challenges and risks then engages in proper escalation procedure
• Ability to use “listening” responses during interviews and ask questions and/or rephrase comments to ensure understanding during interview
• Effectively builds rapport with applicants and other internal team members
• Drives results in a positive and professional manner in a deadline-oriented environment
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
• High School diploma required
• 3+ years recruiting experience required. 1+ years recruiting Military personnel including proactive/passive sourcing experience required. 3-5 years military experience with Honorable discharge is desired
• Recruiting in a niche market with a specialized skill set is required. Staffing /Talent Acquisition or Corporate Recruiting is desired
We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing. We foster an inclusive environment where people are engaged and succeed. We create a world of opportunities for those with varied talents and a drive to excel. When our people succeed, we succeed.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.