Materials Coordinator I (25709) San Antonio, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Coordinate purchasing and maintain inventory control on incoming and out-going parts for repairs, maintenance and shipping for shop and field jobs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate and coordinate with all appropriate managers and supervisors for the purchase of all materials and services for the repair, or manufacture of equipment, both in the shop and in the field.
- Proper accounting of all purchased goods and services using established accounting procedures for coding, distribution and recording.
- Open, record and maintain repair orders and all goods and services purchased for them.
- Maintain inventory database by continually updating pertinent information with regard to cost changes, stocking levels, on hand quantities and consumption (usage).
- Coordinate physical inventory of shop and field inventories, as required, using established and approved procedures.
- Prepare and present inventory reports gathered from a physical inventory when taken.
- Coordinate with the Accounting Supervisor on the purchase of all goods and services for approved A.F.E.'s.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Functional computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Five (5) years experience in purchasing and inventory control
- General knowledge of purchasing, inventory control and oilfield related part