Area Sales Manager – Fracturing, Wellheads, Well Testing (24212) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and provide the leadership to achieve Weatherford's short term and long term business development objectives for the Fracturing, Wellheads and Well Testing Sales Team in the Houston area for the U.S.
- Develop marketing plans, business plans, sales strategies, and action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define objectives, goals, schedules, and action assignments for the Sales Team.
- Analyze and define the market for division product growth within the assigned U.S. Region.
- Provide the data to prepare, update, and control forecasts covering projected new-business sales and investment requirements by both Weatherford and the customer.
- Confer with key customers regarding equipment/product/service needs and advise key customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Develop pricing strategies and promotional programs for key customers.
- Maintain personal contact with key customers.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding service, product, or personnel.
- Hold regular sales meetings with direct reports.
- With assistance from HR; recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Marketing or equivalent
- 10+ years sales experience, 5 years in a management role
- Clear understanding of Matrix Management with demonstrated personal skills conducive to leading in this type of management system
- Demonstrated positive results of sales revenue
- Extensive knowledge of oilfield services, equipment and parts
- Must have at least 5 years experience with Fracturing technologies
- Excellent management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- Travel may be required from time to time
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.