MWD Field Specialist II - Drilling Services (27843) Charleroi, Pennsylvania
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for set-up and service survey and motor equipment and will train rig personnel on the proper operation techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and maintain survey tools and systems.
- Operate Tensor brand steering tool equipment, roll testing probes, wet-connect systems, and learn how to troubleshoot all the above.
- Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
- Operate and maintain MWD/LWD surface systems and downhole tools at rig site.
- Interpret downhole data and liaise with directional drillers and geologists.
- Generate daily and Final Well reports on service performance.
- Must be able to fulfill coordinator's role on an as needed basis and assist on sales calls as needed.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- A problem solver based on experience
- Previous MWD/LWD experience preferred, able to work in teams effectively, excellent written and spoken communication skills and excellent computer skills required
- Understanding of Computer application within the proposed job environment
- Ability to generate concise reports
Preferred Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Earth Sciences, or equivalent experience
- Previous field coordinating experience is an asset with LWD/MWD Drilling experience in an oilfield operations environment
- Well developed communication skills across product lines and at management level
- Experience at supervisory level role in related service environment and experience in related service sector position(s) in or directly associated with field operations.