Fixed Asset Accountant (23044) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Fixed assets accounting, including contacting various departments and upper management for information.
- Assist in AFE (Approval for Capital expense) routing approval
- Construction in Progress accounting
- Process incoming invoices, and credit note
- Assist in preparing Property tax review
- Perform depreciation calculations and amortization schedules
- Intangible asset accounting
- Mindful of FX rate calculation
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Assist in month end closing, journal entries, and account analysis.
- Assist in resolving inventory integrity issues.
- Insure financial controls and participate in internal and external audit and SOX compliance
- Performs other general accounting responsibilities as required such as, management reports, auditor inquires, and other special projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Equivalent
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Dependable with good attendance
- Initiative and dedication to tasks
- Works well under pressure
- Works well with others
- Multi-task oriented
- Good analytical skills
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills (particularly Microsoft and Windows products)
- Minimum 1-2 years in Fixed Asset accounting
- Experience with JDE and Hyperion is a plus
- 10 Key by touch