Enterprise / Software Lead Architect (23861) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Software Architecture Discipline Lead
The Enterprise Architect is the transformational resource that translates business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change through architectural strategies and principles. The goals of the Enterprise Architect are to improve the organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and agility by delivering business aligned future states and roadmaps to achieve that vision.
As an enterprise architect, you will inform and advise R&D and its business sponsors on strategic and operational opportunities for improvement and to develop roadmaps that illustrate feasible approaches to achieve them. You will ensure that architecturally relevant issues are aired and that decisions are made and documented among business and IT stakeholders.
Your charter is to collect and collate architectural descriptions for the elements of enterprise and to develop an architectural vision and strategy to lightweight governance model to ensure that architecturally impactful decisions are kept during the course of project implementation.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support in the deployment of complex applications in global distributed computing environments
- Ensure overall solution level integrity of applications
- Collaborate with architects across the enterprise to identify strategic opportunities and in the rationalization of cross segment dependencies
- Communicate and collaborate with top level executives and IT engineering and operations teams
- Influence program strategies in alignment with enterprise initiatives
- Develop and maintain global technology roadmaps and application evolution plans
- Lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business drivers that drive future architecture
- Facilitate the governance and use of enterprise architecture principles
Knowledge & Skills
- Architecture lifecycle development methodologies
- Data and Information Architecture
- Software Solution Architecture
- Business process modeling
- Enterprise information management
- Portfolio management & rationalization
- Ingenuity, Resourcefulness
- Verbal skills, Written skills, Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills, Team player attitude, Problem solving
- 10+ years as a software development professional
- 5+ years in complex projects with division or companywide architecture accountability