Operations Manager (Edmonton) (22495) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford Engineered Chemistry is currently seeking an Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Business Unit Manager, the Operations Manager will provide direct management and future direction to the following departments:
Customer Service Teams
Inventory Coordination and management
Direct liaison and link to finance, accounting, manufacturing / supply chain groups as well as all sales groups within the Business Unit
Management of inventory at field locations
Oversee regular cycle counts of inventory.
Co-ordinate transportation of product and work with logistics within supply chain group.
Travel within the Canadian region to base locations
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Post secondary education in a related field an asset
- Minimum of 5+ years management experience within the oil & gas chemical field
- Solid understanding of modern inventory / finance best practices
- Advanced supply chain knowledge
- Proven customer service background
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Advance Microsoft Office skills
- JD Edwards experience an asset
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment with multiple departments
- Ability to travel
- Clean Drivers Abstract
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol Test. In addition, due to the nature of working with chemicals, qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pulmonary Function Test and be fit with a respirator
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.