Asset Coordinator (24393) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Support operations with a focus on processing/coordinating assets and purchasing for the region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Locate and identify underutilized assets in the region.
- Monitor expendable supply stocks in each location in the region.
- Move excess stocks of expendables from location to location to consume excess.
- Set-up central expendable stock points that serve outlying locations using a "hub & spoke" distribution plan.
- Place replenishment orders for the central stock point with no purchases made at the outlying locations.
- Coordinate capital equipment purchases and key product purchase agreements with the Houston purchasing and materials management group to maximize the companies purchasing volume.
- Provide support as required and directed to operations/administrative departments such as inventory/asset tracking, marketing, accounting, corporate development, regional, field operation.
- Provide support to domestic operations in arranging for the movement of rental, fishing, and other service equipment to gain optimum utilization and revenue.
- Serve as the region focal point for conducting searches in the region for equipment which can be used to avoid purchasing, sub-renting or transferring equipment to meet job requirements
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Business skills in Operations and Administration
- Knowledge of Weatherford's service equipment and business
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use diplomatic skills in dealing with company and outside customer personnel
- Should be able to work closely with internal and external customers
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Required to travel with little or no notice.
- Required to travel for extended periods of time.
- Required to travel up to 100% of time.