Mechanic I (20814) Buckhannon, West Virginia
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial machinery systems in both the field and in the shop.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe, test, and evaluate operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Disassemble equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Repair, replace, adjust, and align components of equipment.
- Clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
- Test-run repaired equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Fabricate replacement parts.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1-2 years experience in mechanics or related field
Good communication skills
Ability to follow repair manuals
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
General knowledge of equipment diagnosis and repair