Senior Project Engineer - CFD (15607z) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
The successful candidate will be a motivated expert in quantitative flow dynamics. The engineer is expected to be able to quantify and analyze single phase and multiphase fluid systems. A strong background in analysis and mathematics is essential for this position. The candidate’s expertise in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) must be based on a clear understanding of science and engineering.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to provide simulation-based guidance for evaluating performance of existing and design of new/modified tools pertinent to Oil Industry, mainly for downhole tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The candidate is expected to be highly proficient in 3D CFD using commercial software (CFX-Ansys, Fluent, STAR-CD, CFdesign) to support the simulation needs of various departments within the company.
- Sound knowledge about the systems, components, Involving fluid mechanics & fluid behaviors.
- Ability to interpret the actual physical problem to CFD numerical model/ mathematical model.
- Any experience in coupled 3D fluid and structural analysis via FEA using commercial software would be a definite plus but NOT REPLACEMENT for CFD BACKGROUND.
- Some understanding of 3D Solid-modeling to guide or modify models to suit analysis is desirable.
- The candidate should be able to work under strict time-constraints to build and solve models of varying complexities depending on the need for speed of a solution. He/she should be a self-starter and work independently with minimal guidance. He/she is also expected to provide support to peers on an as-needed basis.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- A motivated expert in quantitative flow dynamics.
- Expertise in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) must be based on a clear understanding of science and engineering.
- Highly proficient in 3D CFD using commercial software (CFX-Ansys, Fluent, STAR-CD, CFdesign).
- 3D CAD knowledge.
Any experience in coupled 3D fluid and structural analysis via FEA using commercial software.
Masters/ PhD Fluid Mechanics / Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering
PhD Fluid Mechanics / Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations