Project Engineer – Casing Drilling (21415) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Design:
- Prepare conceptual layouts, detailed designs, and final machine drawings for downhole drilling tools
- Perform research and analysis
- Perform detailed design calculation
- Select materials and processes to achieve cost and performance objectives.
- Product Testing:
- Work with lab personnel to assemble and test prototypes
- Develop test procedures
- Document all results
- Design Documentation:
- Maintain a complete design project file
- Transfer to Production:
- Work with production and manufacturing engineering to ensure initial production runs are coordinated
- Assistance to other departments:
- Assist marketing/sales by providing technical data for brochures, presentations and technical papers.
- Accompany sales team, when necessary, to provide technical expertise
- Project Schedule:
- Plan work schedule
- Keep all interested parties informed of progress.
- Scope of Design Work:
- R & D Engineering
- Other Duties:
- Travel as needed to support product sales, field runs and troubleshooting
- Communicate with in-house and field personnel as needed.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Carry out all work activities in a safe manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5+ years of experience in the design and development of downhole drilling tools (10 years preferred)
- Strong mechanical and design background
- Proficiency with 3D CAD modeling (Pro-Engineer preferred)
- Ability to perform basic FEA (Autodesk simulation or ANSYS preferred)
- Skilled with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills