Graphic Designer II (26076) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Develops graphics, animations and lay out of training and internal communications materials (delivered electronically and/or in classroom settings). Designs and maintains the Capital Efficiency SharePoint site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and prepares communication and instructional materials to support the work of Weatherford’s Capital Efficiency Program.
- Supports Instructional Design Team with image preparation, motion graphics, and animations.
- Prepares layouts, drawings and other graphic products using established Weatherford templates and design standards using computer graphics and page layout software, graphic elements and photography.
- Designs and helps maintain the Capital Efficiency SharePoint site.
- Adheres to all corporate identity guidelines when preparing graphic materials.
- Sees material through final production.
- Recommend techniques, methods and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and successfully communicate Capital Efficiency message.
- Understands and complies with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Carries out work assignments to the highest quality level.
- Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Applied knowledge of graphic design principles.
- General computer knowledge and ability to use programs such as Outlook and Lync for internal and external business communications.
- Proficiency in the development of training documents using MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Proficient in graphics software including Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Excellent written, oral, and visual media communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to work well with others in a team setting.
- Good organizational skills. Able to multi-task and work on several projects running simultaneously.
- Ability to work within certain limitations such as defined design templates, graphic styles and color palettes.
- Ability to work within deadlines and handle edits quickly in an environment where collateral creation projects receive many edits and often needs a quick turn-around.
- Basic understanding of an Oilfield Service company.
Proficient in eLearning authoring software, Articulate and Captivate.
Skilled in the design of SharePoint sites.
Associate level education in graphic arts and/or illustration.
At least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
5 years of relevant professional experience