Material Handler II - Ampscot - Nisku (27014) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Ampscot Products and Services, a division of Weatherford, is a recogized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding in oil and gas production worldwide.
The Weatherford Ampscot location, in Nisku, Alberta has the following opening: Fabrication Shop and Yard Labour
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the primary functions of the Fabrication Shop Yard and Shipping Labourer are:
- Provide general labour support to the fabrication shop, including material handling and general outside yard duties, following direction given
- Using power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
- As experience is gained, participate willingly in training to learn different functions in the process
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Fully participate in continuous process improvement and cost control, following quality policies, procedures and standards to maintain company guidelines
- Perform other duties as required, including effective clean-up and the accurate and timely completion of paperwork
Minimum Grade XII education; equivalency considered
- manual labor work experience is required
- previous experience with material handling and movement
- previous experience operating a forklift in a safe and efficient manner
- previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing/production environment an asset
- previous experience with tools
- previous experience operating a forklift
- mechanically inclined
- ability to learn new tasks
- physically fit
- possess mechanical aptitude, with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn
- be punctual, reliable, and willing to work flexible hours
- required to work safely, within standard policies and procedures
- willing to actively participate in the Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality programs
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting
Weatherford is a progressive company and committed to the quality employee programs.
All employees are required to undergo medical, drug and alcohol testing.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.