Repair & Maintenance Technician (21384) Bakersfield, California
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Assist in preparing and loading jobs in addition to cleaning, inspecting, and refurbishing equipment.
• Operate crane and/or forklift to load and unload jobs.
• Clean, service, and refurbish tools as required by supervisor.
• Assembly and disassembly of tools relative to services provided per location.
• Work with little or no supervision.
• Assist in training Shop Technician I’s.
• Must be able to prepare jobs as directed.
• Implement quality assurance process as directed by supervisor.
• Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• 2-5 years experience in related field.
• Strong knowledge of equipment and services.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.