Wireline Supervisor (Provost) (7859) Provost, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Supervises the applied procedures for the operation of Wireline equipment, tools and techniques in order to ensure safety, quality and cost effective service is provided to each customer. The individual will continue to enhance their knowledge of services related to formation evaluation, production logging, perforating services, conveyance, imaging, and explosive and radioactive handling / safety procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and prepare for well site operations.
- Supervises Junior Field Engineer and Operator crews in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment.
- Manages the operation of a Wireline service unit to maintain a high standard of efficiency and quality.
- Interprets job results for customer personnel and recommends services best suited to customer needs.
- Trains and develops assigned field crew by on-the-job training to maintain a high degree of field crew efficiency and to prepare personnel for advancement.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures pertaining to Company equipment, tools, and practices to insure maximum operating efficiency.
- Assures adherence to all safety regulations.
- Fosters and maintains customer relations by establishing a positive image and confidence in the quality of services and ensures the confidentiality of all logging operations.
- Promptly and accurately submits all required reports and data.
- Maintains assigned equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition and conducts self in an exemplary manner at all times.
- Contacts customer representatives as requested to increase participation in the available market.
- May participate in sales presentations.
- Is available to perform duties on short notice, day or night.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- The Engineer is responsible for supervising and developing the personnel assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Subject to "on call" hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Long work hours.
May be required to work out of town for extended periods of time.
Outdoor environment subject to temperature and weather change.
Exposure to explosives, high pressure well bore environments and ionizing radiation.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in a cased hole/ wireline environment
- Radiation, explosives, and pressure certification as required
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Able to travel to customer well site locations at short notice
- Perform operations/services as required under instruction from lead engineer
- Willingness to work in varying conditions and working hours/requirements
- Must be willing to spend extended periods of time at any field location
- Team worker - ability to work in team to achieve shared goals
- Results focused - ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Must be safety conscious as each assignment will involve the implementation of health, safety and environmental procedures
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.