Senior HSE Training & Development Specialist (22987) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Supports the design, development and delivery of global health, safety and environment (HSE) training programs. Delivers train-the-trainer sessions and supports regional HSE trainers.
The Senior HSE Trainer is responsible for the delivery of HSE programs globally and facilitates programs to audiences representing all levels of the organization with a wide range of cultural backgrounds and experiences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
Partners with Corporate HSE and OEP Training & Development to design and develop high quality, interactive global HSE training programs to embed a safety culture across the organization.
Pilots and delivers HSE training programs to all levels of the organization (i.e. executive levels to shop floor employees) across the global footprint.
Contributes to developing regional trainers through delivery of Train-the-Trainer sessions, coaching and mentoring.
Provides sound advice to regional/local, corporate and GBU partners on HSE training and development matters. Ensures compliance with company, HSE, and regulatory agencies requirements.
Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by manager within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of and ability to apply adult learning theory and instructional design principles for the design, development and delivery of effective training curricula
• Very strong written and verbal command of the English language
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate with large groups of people.
• Ability to relate to and conduct effective training to audiences with a wide range of backgrounds and levels of experience
• Good problem-solving skills
• Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines while producing high quality work
• Ability to work independently, as well as in teams
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills in MS Office suite
• Good understanding of quality systems (ISO, API, OHSAS)
• Minimum 10 years professional work and/or related experience as a facilitator delivering interactive instructor led training to adults at all levels of an organization.
• Prior experience delivering HSE training to employees at all levels of an organization with various cultural backgrounds.
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis, both within the US and internationally. Person in this position will be expected to travel up to 75%, depending on varying business needs.
• Availability to work extra hours when required.