CNC Machinist III (24588) Conroe, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Set up and operate CNC equipment to produce parts to specified tolerances of blueprints in above average time without assistance, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Perform operational functions of CNC machines.
- Maintain acceptable reject, scrap rates, and production rates.
- Identify problems and be able to correct most of them with little assistance.
- Mount, align, and secure tooling, attachments and work piece on machine.
- Install cutting tools in machine.
- Load control media, such as tape, card or disk, in machine controller or enter commands to retrieve pre-programmed instruction from database.
- Calculate and set machine controls to position tools in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Start machine and monitor displays and machine operations to detect malfunctions.
- Stop machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments, without supervision, changing program if needed.
- Maintain proper maintenance of machine, equipment and facilities and keep in proper condition.
- Must provide all needed measuring tools and box to keep them in.
- Follow all oral and written instruction correctly.
- Required to hold tolerances within .0005 or as required by blueprints.
- Responsible for recording all labor hours with time system accurately.
- Handle machine finished items in a careful manner to prevent damage, maintain a neat and orderly work area, and function in a safe and reliable manner to prevent personal injury and/or property damage.
- May assist in training new employees in proper machining techniques.
- Responsible for cleaning machine and area prior to leaving each day.
- Must understand and comply with all applicable licensee requirements.
- Assist in training new employees on equipment techniques.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Ability and desire to be at work in time and learn new skills.
• Ability to set-up and run CNC mill or lathe with no assistance and troubleshoot same programs for potential errors.
• Able to make program edits.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Scrap rate is consistently below 3.5% of output. Meets or beats production standards 95% of the time.
• Able to completely inspect machined parts.
• Ability and willingness to assist in training new employees in proper machining techniques.
• Ability to read a measuring tape, micrometer and callipers.
• Demonstrated willingness to make process improvement suggestions and/or participate on process improvement teams.
• Ability to set-up and run two similar machines during lunch, break or absence of operators.
• Advanced knowledge of machines used, and processes.
• 3-5 or more years of experience
• Ability to use geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
• Must wear required PPE at all times where mandatory.