Human Resources Advisor (Estevan) (23129) Estevan, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
HR Advisor will work collaboratively with our management team to provide solutions to everyday human resources issues to ensure each Product Line and facility continues to fulfill its business objectives. Under the guidance of the HR Manager, the HR Advisor will provide a broad range of HR services in the areas of recruitment, compensation and benefits, HRIS, employee relations, rewards and recognition.
- Assists in the administration of Human Resources practices, policies and procedures. Provides advice, direction and guidance to all levels of management on the interpretation and application of these policies and procedures to ensure consistency of application.
- Identifies employee relations issues and takes appropriate actions to address and resolve those issues.
- Liaison with third party providers in the management of short term and long term disability matters and effective return to work programs
- Manages full cycle recruitment of various levels of staff in all product lines.
- Participation and guidance in performance management and employee performance improvement plans
- Provides information and administration of benefit and compensation programs.
- Provides advice to management on matters of staff utilization and position changes.
- Assists the compensation team with the annual merit review program and other compensation programs when required.
- Human Resources Information System (PeopleSoft) support to managers, supervisors, and employees
- Effective communication and implementation of corporate programs to all employees in the manufacturing facility
- Effective reporting to operations management to monitor activities and communicate results
- Post Secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 4 to 6 years of generalist Human Resources Advisor level experience essential; experience in the Oil and Gas Sector an asset
- CHRP designation is preferred
- Experience with MS Office applications and HRMS (PeopleSoft)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with all levels of contacts inside and outside the organization
- Demonstrated degree of commitment and initiative with a strong attention to detail
- Career fair and or trade show experience.
- Experience with creative sourcing techniques
- Willing to travel to support our business operations. Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation required
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical, drug & alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.